east hartford high school - Home of the Hornets
Parents - Please click here for the NEASC survey
East Hartford High School brings together a diverse community in a safe, respectful environment where students begin the path to success in college and careers, build on their skills and talents, and become informed, responsible citizens.
Message from Mr. Ryan
Please click here to log in to the PowerSchool parent portal.
Please click here to see the Students of the Month
Please click here to complete a parent request for support.*
* Save pdf form and email to email@example.com
The third quarter is an essential period of time for student learning. Key concepts and skills are ramped up within our curriculum as we make substantial progress in our rigorous academic courses. The students and staff can feel the impact of the celebrations from the previous semester and predict future achievements for later this year.
All parents are invited to the February 1, 2018, PARENT CONFERENCES 5-7 pm. Appointment and sign-ups are coming soon!
Building-wide, each of the focus areas has numerous strategies and daily actions intentionally planned and implemented to ensure effectiveness and success. Below, I have summarized efforts on each of the four focus areas for this school year. We look forward to continue progress as the spring semester moves along.
· All Juniors will be taking the SAT on March 21st. We have several SAT Prep strategies in place. We have had summer and fall SAT Prep sessions. We have reading and math SAT Prep courses scheduled for the fall semester and more scheduled for this semester. Additionally, on February 16th, all Juniors will take another practice SAT. On March 16th, we have planned an afternoon of SAT Celebration planned with a review and rally with a DJH and prizes.
· We are very excited about multi-tiered SAT focus at EHHS. We have in-class strategies focused on for students to become accustomed to SAT styled questions. These types of strategies help students understand what they read better. Additionally, a focus on vocabulary throughout all subject areas prepares our students for the SAT as well as Advanced Placement courses. Finally, students are utilizing KHAN Academy weekly to maintain practice and honing specific math and reading skills.
· We have several intervention programs in place at EHHS. As we implement Restorative Practices throughout the school, our Academic Resource Centers continue to support students emotionally, academically and behaviorally.
· Our students have been performing at a high level in and out of the classroom. Winter athletes are in action every day of the week. Over 40 clubs and activities meet each week which creates a robust environment where students excel in and out of the classroom.
Our students are working hard every day in the classroom and on the playing surface. Come check out our student-athletes as they enter into the tournament season.
With Hornet Pride,
East Hartford High School
BEGIN. BUILD. BECOME.
Have a day of Excellence!