You have 1 PagePop. View
east hartford high school
Home of the Hornets
East Hartford High School brings together a diverse community in a safe, respectful environment where students begin the path to success in college and careers, build on their skills and talents, and become informed, responsible citizens.
Please click here to log in to the PowerSchool parent portal
- to check grades and attendance, or
- (Contact guidance department for log-in information)
Please click here to see the Students of the Month
Please click here to complete a parent request for support.*
* Save pdf form and email to email@example.com
MESSAGE FROM MR. RYAN
Dear Hornet Community
I hope your summer is being filled with relaxation, fun with family and friends and positive experiences that help all students to be responsible and productive citizens. We are working hard in preparation for another successful school year and continuing to build on our accomplishments together.
This past year we had several accomplishments that exemplify our constant effort to improve each day:
· SAT: Almost 96% of the junior class participated in SAT prep. SAT scores are extremely important in opening doors of opportunities for post-secondary planning. We believe every student must be College & career Ready upon graduation. The SAT is one very strong indicator of success in college.
· Attendance: EHHS averaged nearly 95% attendance rate. One of the strongest factors in success in school is attendance. Every student every day means attending school every day. This lifelong skill is essential to be successful in a career.
· ON-Track: Each year, students need to earn credits, keep a high GPA(Grade Point Average), behave appropriately, get involved in clubs, activities and athletics and attend school daily. Students that areON-Track are successful in high school. Just over 93% of the students at EHHS are On-Track after the year concluded. Next year, our goal is 95% ON-Track.
We believe that adult actions make a huge impact on our students. As we learn the most effective strategies to best prepare our students for college and careers, we are confident through collaboration and consistency we can make the difference with your child.
Parents play a major role in keeping students On-Track. Parents can do these three things to ensure their student is successful in school:
· Attendance: Reinforce the importance of getting to school on time and attending every day. Your teenager may think it doesn’t matter to attend school every Monday or every Friday, but it does. Even occasional “days off” leads to dramatically lower grades. And it sends the wrong message to teachers about the desire to succeed.
· Communication: Talk with your student’s teachers about how you can help your teen succeed, especially if you see his or her grades start to fall. Teachers help struggling students, but sometimes it falls on students (and their parents) to ask for that help. Students do better in their courses when they trust their teachers and count on them for support. Communication with teachers is important, especially if there are personal issues affecting performance in class.
· Academics: Make academics your top priority for your student. This means that student try hard on assignments: even if they struggle, even when they aren’t interesting and even when friends and socializing are tempting. Students with good study habits have higher GPAs and fail fewer courses than classmates who don’t make homework a priority
Enjoy your summer vacation—the first day of school is August 29, 2018. Come to school ready to be a Hornet! I look forward to your return and wish you the best of times through July and August.
With Hornet Pride,
East Hartford High School
BEGIN. BUILD. BECOME.
Have a day of Excellence!