APPLYING TO CIBA
Connecticut Residents-Regional School Choice Office (RSCO) Lottery
Students are admitted to CIBA through a lottery that is regulated, administered, and supervised by the Connecticut State Department of Education’s Regional School Choice Office in compliance with the Sheff vs. O’Neill decree and Settlement Agreement.
Who can apply to CIBA?
Connecticut residents only
Students in grade 8 or (grade 9 depending upon 10th-grade seat availability) can apply
What is the application process for CIBA?
- Attend one of the CIBA Open Houses (listed below) and review to ensure that CIBA is a good fit.
- Apply through the RSCO website during the application period.
- RSCO runs the lottery and contacts you with your offer or wait list number using the email that you included in your application.
Connecticut IB Academy Open House Dates
Families interested in applying to attend the Connecticut IB Academy are strongly encouraged to visit the school by attending one of the 2018-2019 open house information sessions. Sessions begin in the rotunda at 5:30 PM and include a tour of the school as well as an informational/question and answer session.
- Wednesday, October 24, 2018
- Thursday, November 8, 2018
- Wednesday, December 12, 2018
- Tuesday, January 8, 2019
- Monday, February 4, 2019
Students whose families have attended an open house may schedule a day to “shadow” another CIBA student. To make a shadowing appointment, please contact Ms. Dolan at 860-622-5590.
CIBA’s Partner International Exchange Organizations:
- 2018-2019 International Exchange Brochure
- AIEP Apex International Education Partners
- AnB Education
- CCI Greenheart
- Exchange Service International
click on the links below to access information about applying to CIBA