Head Coach: Mr. Martin Martinez
Assistant/JV coach: James Collins
Tryouts will begin Saturday, March 17th at 7:00am in the front gym.
I agree to the following expectations for the East Hartford High School BOYS’ Volleyball Team. I commit to upholding these policies for the entire school year and I understand that they are in place to guarantee that the members of the team, the coaching staff, and the parents uphold the highest standards of ethics, sportsmanship, academics, and athletic performance.
Attendance: Practice is held every school day that there is not a game and most Saturdays from 8:00 am – 11:30 am. The ONLY legitimate reasons are: illness (doctor’s note), funeral, academic or religious obligations. Work is not an excuse for missing practice or a match.
- Student-athletes must attend all practices and games. If the player misses a practice (due to any reason other than an academic one), the following procedure will be followed:
- If a practice is missed on the day directly before a match, the player will not be permitted to start. There is a possibility that you will not play at all.
- Student-athletes must arrive to practice on time. Playing time and membership on the team will be altered according to the amount of practice missed due to tardiness.
- Managers are expected to attend all practices and games, and they must arrive on time.
- All student-athletes and managers must inform the coaching staff of an absence prior to the start of practice.
- If you miss a practice or match for a non-valid reason:
- First offense:Sit one match
- Second offense:Sit one match and possible suspension from the team
- Third offense:Dismissal from the team
- CONTACT me during the school day or @ 860-597-4688 if you are going to miss practice or match. I need to be notified the day before unless it is an emergency.
- Game Day – All players must be on time for the team bus. The bus will leave without you and will not stop for you. Follow the bus schedule on the calendar.
- Student-athletes represent the East Hartford High School BOYS’ Volleyball Program. Therefore, conduct on and off school grounds must be safe, respectful, and responsible.
- Students engaging in the following infractions will receive the following disciplinary actions:
- ISS- Players earning an ISS will not be permitted to play in the match following the ISS.
- OSS- Players earning an OSS will be released from the team.
- Other discipline- The coaches will make fair and consistent decisions regarding unsafe, disrespectful, and irresponsible behavior that is reported. Disciplinary actions are at the discretion of the coaching staff and the athletic director.
Sportsmanship & Academics: Players need to remember that they are students first. Schoolwork comes before volleyball. Failure to meet academic expectations will result in dismissal from the team.
- Players and managers are expected to earn A’s and B’s in their classes, but you are required to meet the minimum grade point average (1.7) as directed by the administration of East Hartford High School and the CIAC.
- All student-athletes, managers, parents, and coaches represent the East Hartford High School BOYS’ Volleyball Program and therefore are expected to exhibit the utmost amount of sportsmanship and professionalism when competing during home and away matches and when traveling on the school bus.
- All players will sit as a team, during all matches. JV players will sit behind the bench during varsity matches and varsity players will sit behind the bench during JV matches.
- Student-athletes will be rated for performance based on data collected during practices and matches. All decisions about playing time will be made according to the statistics that are compiled daily.
- The coaches will discuss playing time with parents/guardians only in relationship to the data and statistics that are being used to determine participation. Coaches will only discuss the playing time and progress of a particular parents’ student-athlete and will not discuss other members of the team.
- The managers will collect accurate data and statistics during every practice and game.
- When traveling to an opponent’s institution, student-athletes and managers must wear either their school uniforms or their team uniforms. If students want to dress-up on game days, here is the dress code:
- BOYS – dress pants, dress shoes, button down shirt with tie or button down with sweater over if you choose not to wear tie.
- GIRLS – skirts of appropriate length, blouse or sweater.
CASUAL WEAR IS NOT DRESSING UP!
NO SNEAKERS, NO BOOTS, NO JEANS, AND NO T-SHIRT!!
If a student athlete or player does not adhere to this dress up rule, they will not play that day. If a student manager does not adhere to this rule, they will not be able to manage the match that day.
It is not mandatory to dress up for game days, so if you choose not to dress up, please adhere to the school uniform policy.
You cannot wear your jerseys on game days!
- All student-athletes are responsible handing in uniforms after the end of every match.
- All players, managers, and coaches must wear athletic footwear designed for court usage. Therefore, the shoes must have rubber soles- preferably ones with gum soles- and shoe laces.
- Students or manager unable to attain the necessary equipment for participation should talk to the coaching staff, so arrangements can be made to properly suit the participant.
Coach MartinezCoach Collins
Twitter: @CoachMartinez14Text/Call: Remind: Text 81010 @78h6b3
Instagram: CoachMartinez14Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Text/Call: Remind: Text 81010 @78h6b3