Synergy students choose to be a part of the school based on a variety of factors. The typical process can be viewed below:
Synergy Referral Process
- High School prioritizes students (16 and in 10th, 11th, or 12th grade) who might benefit from Synergy Alternative High School.
- Weekly, Jean Riley, Synergy Guidance Specialist, will hold office hours on Thursdays at 1:30 (11:30 on half days). Michelle Marion will attend office hours as well (unless she has a prior commitment).
- Students who are interested in Synergy will complete an application with Jean Riley and, if offered a slot, will receive an acceptance letter.
- Students will have a specific window to contact the school (two days). If they fail to do so, Jean and Michelle will facilitate a new student being offered a slot.
- If necessary, an appointment for a Synergy site visit will be set up by Jean Riley (ALL special education students/504 students will need to attend a meeting at Synergy before transition).
- Weekly, Jean will send an active list that includes the following: date students are transferring to Synergy, students who desire to transfer to Synergy, students who met with Jean/Michelle and students who are still deciding.
In general, students will transfer on the second day of the new quarter or two days after a Synergy site visit meeting. Below are the transfer dates for 2016-17:
04/03/17 (Only seniors in danger of failing to meet graduation requirements)
06/09/17 (Summer school preference given to students attending Synergy in the Fall of 2017)
Call 860-622-5999 for further information. Application can be found here
Process to return to East Hartford High School (EHHS), Woodland, or other school
1. Complete transfer request found here