international exchange students
THE CONNECTICUT IB ACADEMY INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL CODE: BOS214F54379000
This page is for international students who wish to spend a year at CIBA
as International Exchange Students.
Who can attend The Connecticut IB Academy (CIBA)?
- International students who wish to spend a year at an All-American, top-ranked public high school
- We accept between ten and fourteen International Exchange Students each academic year
- Students between the ages of 14-18
What are the requirements?
- Students must have completed the equivalent of 9th grade in their home country in good standing.
- Students should, in general, have a minimum English score of SLEP 40, ELTiS 225, TOEFL Jr. overall score of 700.
- Students from existing International Baccalaureate World Schools© will be given preference, but this is not a requirement for attendance.
- Students should apply through one of our cooperating placement agencies/ organizations (listed below)
What is the cost to attend CIBA?
- For 2016-17, the 10 month tuition is US$14,500 (half-year $8,000.00)
- Fees (including computer insurance, uniform, activities, supplies) US$500.00 (more if the student plays varsity or junior varsity sports)
- Room and Board with local homestay families (through cooperating agencies) approximately $10,000.00
- Insurance, fees to placement agency: per agency requirements.
- Round-trip transportation to and from Hartford Connecticut and your home
How to apply to attend CIBA
- Review the information in our brochure and read the testimonials from our former students to ensure that CIBA is the right match for you. Review the rest of our website.
- Complete the admission application through one of our cooperating placement agencies (listed below) or the version linked below.
- Pay the application fee to the agency/organization through which you have selected to work.
- Await admission information and homestay placement information from the agency through which you applied.
- Pay all tuition (to CIBA) and fees according to the terms of the placement agency.
- Wait for the I-20 from CIBA. Upon receipt, pay the SEVIS I-901 fee as instructed.
- Apply for a student F-1 visa (the placement agency may assist you with this).
- Remain in contact with CIBA and the placement agency throughout the process to ensure a smooth transition to your host family and enrollment in CIBA.
Organizations which have agreements with CIBA