- Robin McKinley was selected as Synergy's Staff Spotlight winner for the month of August. Ms. McKinley was selected based on her efforts supporting new staff members.
- Lisa Simone was selected to participate in the inaugural East Hartford Leadership Academy. This year, as part of her project, Lisa will help promote restorative discipline and more strategically utilize the student support team (SST).
- Synergy's summer school success was celebrated. Lead by Lisa Simone and the rest of the Synergy summer school team (including Jean Riley and Edgardo Figueroa), 79 students earned at least 1/2 credit. In total, 190 credits were earned. This allowed 22 EHHS/Synergy students to graduate without returning for the Fall.
- 35 students successfully completed Summer Youth Employment (SYE). This represented an increase of 75% from the prior year.
- The Synergy administrative team began crafting their school improvement plan (SIP) for 2014-15. This plan was reviewed as a school to make modifications. Next month, the plan will be reviewed with the School Governance Council (SGC).